Philosophy of Care:
I value my patients’ lifestyle decisions and I respect a patient’s footwear choices and feel that part of my job is to educate my patients on how to make the healthiest choices regarding their feet and footwear. The other part of my job is to treat the problems that arise as rapidly and efficiently as possible with a patient centered approach to allow them to return to their normal activities quickly. I recognize the importance of women who want to wear the shoes they want to wear or athletes that want to engage in their sport to the extent that they need to as a priority in make treatment decisions on an individual level. Despite medicine’s newest trend to have treatment protocols, I do not believe that “one treatment fits all” is an appropriate approach for patients.Dr. Marlene Reid
Dr. Reid was surgically trained in foot reconstruction and trauma and commonly treats tendon problems, chronic pain of the foot and ankle and podiatric orthopedic deformities.
Dr. Reid is a past president of both the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association and the American Association for Women Podiatrists.
She is a former Chairman of the APMA’s Public Education and Information Committee and the former Director of Medical Education of Chicago’s Sacred Heart Hospital’s Residency Program. Patient engagement and education continues to be a priority for her practice.
Professional accomplishments include:
- Past President of both the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association and the American Association for Women Podiatrist
- Former Chairman of the APMA’s Public Education and Information Committee
- Former Director of Medical Education of Chicago’s Sacred Heart Hospital’s Residency Program
- Named multiple times in the Podiatry Management’s list of America’s Most Influential Podiatrists
- Distinguished Practitioner of the National Association of Practitioners
- National spokesperson for the American Podiatric Medical Association and often quoted in print and on air
Dr. Reid was named multiple times in the Podiatry Management’s list of America’s Most Influential Podiatrists and is a Distinguished Practitioner of the National Association of Practitioners. Dr. Reid has been a national spokesperson for the American Podiatric Medical Association for many years, is considered an expert on women’s foot deformities. shoes and their relationship with feet. She is often quoted in print and on air concerning new technology and treatments for foot health issues.