Family Podiatry Center in Naperville is the only foot clinic in Chicagoland that uses Noveon laser to remove nail fungus from below the surface. The treatment is painless, non-invasive, quick, and soothing. In this episode of Feet Forward, Dr. Kosova, DPM, speaks on the subject of nail fungus, common treatments that have been used before, are how they stack up compared to the Noveon laser.
Signs of nail fungus:
- Pain Association near the nail, and nail bed area.
- Hereditary… “In the genes.”
- Exposure at a gym – (fungus on skin, aka “Athletes foot”)
- Fungus can migrate up the nail.
- Ineffective for severe foot cases.
Drawbacks of oral medication:
- live toxicity
- monthly testing and monitoring of the liver is required.