The overall health and well being of our patients, staff and doctors continues to be our first priority at Family Podiatry Center. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus restrictions and recommended health care guideline from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We have always followed CDC guidelines for sanitary practices. However, we have established a new Respiratory Infection Prevention and Control Protocol which includes the following:
- Patients that have been out of the country or in contact with someone who has traveled within the last 21 days OR been in contact with someone that has had a severe respiratory illness within the last 14 days, please call our office prior to your visit.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection procedures with hospital-grade disinfectant will be performed to frequently touched surfaces or objects between patients and upon patient departure including treatment rooms and chairs, front counter and x-ray area.
- We are limiting the time patients spend in the waiting room by spacing out appointments and placing patients in a treatment room as soon as it becomes available.
- Hand Hygiene including the use of hand sanitizer will be used by all office personnel using before and after all patient contact, contact with potentially infectious material. We are asking that patients use hand sanitizer upon entry to the office.
- We are asking that patients refrain from bringing family members with them to their visits unless absolutely necessary for patient assistance.
- Patients exhibiting respiratory infection symptoms of a fever and/or cough, for visits other than necessary post op visits, will be told to return when their health improves.
- Patients returning for necessary post op visits that have respiratory symptoms should call ahead to inform staff of their arrival. They will be asked to wear a surgical mask and will be taken directly into a treatment room to avoid contact with others.
We will continue to accept new patients to ensure the community’s foot and ankle needs are met.
All surgical procedures will continue as scheduled as we are fully stocked with surgical supplies.
Thank you for your understanding and Stay Healthy!